|2016 in review meme
||[Jan. 2nd, 2017|01:22 pm]
I meant to do this before the end of the year, but of course I didn't, because me. I should probably warn you ahead of time that my answers will be sketchy because I don't remember anything. I forget what I had for breakfast while I'm still eating breakfast.|
1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Started but didn't finish reading several books.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The only new year's resolution I have ever kept is the one I made many years ago not to make any new year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The Land of Nod, quite often.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Superpowers. Any will do. Except flight, because I'm afraid of heights.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Please. I'm not good with dates. I can't even remember my own birthday most years.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well, my butt is pretty big, but I'm not sure that's an achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My life is a series of infinitesimal failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got my RA diagnosis in January, although technically I got RA in 2015.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
No idea, although there's a 99.99% chance it was something to eat.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone deserves to be celebrated. Well, almost everyone. (I'm looking at you, you-know-who-you-are)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sadly, so many people who vomited hate and ignorance all year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Into a black hole, apparently.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Blue Bell brought back Chocolate Almond Marshmallow.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Um, is there a song called "2016"? Because otherwise, I've got nuthin'.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? - the same
ii. thinner or fatter? - the same
iii. richer or poorer? - the same (I am nothing if not consistent)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Posting here. Because obviously, if I don't, I have no idea what I did all year.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Reading comments on news stories.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Already spent it - as usual, with family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
No, I think I held up rather nicely.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I am really enjoying The Crown. It probably isn't really my favorite, but since I just started watching it a month ago, it's the one I remember.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. I may experience a visceral, all-encompassing loathing, but that's not the same thing, right?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Last Unicorn. I'm cheating because I can't remember if I read that in 2016 or 2015, but it still counts because even if it was 2015, it was two year's worth of good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I only listen to old music, so I can't answer this one for another decade.
28. What did you want and get?
I try to want everything I get.
29. What did you want and not get?
Another season of Firefly. Yes, I'm still bitter.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Florence Foster Jenkins.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember, except that I didn't make a birthday post. The second half of this question confuses me, because I'm the same age now as I was then.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm pretty sure all my satisfaction is measurable.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
"What's clean?" Followed closely by "What fits?"
34. What kept you sane?
Who says I am?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am past the age of fancy.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh. Don't get me started.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my besties. It's been way, way too long since we were all in the same place at the same time.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of new people, so I can't pick.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Just go with it.
40. Relationships in 2016:
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
'Cause Uptown Funk gon' give it to ya