|Olympic Commentary, or, Why My Family Was Not Asked to Report from Sochi
||[Feb. 6th, 2014|07:52 pm]
Overheard in our living room during tonight's Olympic events:|
Women's slope style:
- Of course she looks relaxed. She's Canadian. This is probably how she gets to school every day.
- Look - they have a big Russian Doll next to the jump. Wouldn't it be awesome if it came to life and started chasing the contestants down the slopes?
- A lot of them seem to be having trouble on the second pipe. I think they're afraid the giant Russian Dolls.
On the dangers of figure skating:
- Well, when you think about it, it's really sliding around the ice with knives strapped to your feet.
On the segment talking about Putin:
- I just realized his name sounds like Poopin.