Almost exactly four years ago to the day, we found out that bees had built a hive in the wall of our shed. I called a bee wrangler, who found them a nice home in the country. She warned us that we needed to plug up any knotholes in the siding to discourage other bees from moving in. Which of course I did not do.
So guess what Husband found last weekend? Yup...bees have moved into our shed again. Thankfully he noticed, because we were just about to have some major repairs done on it, and having the carpenters swarmed by bees would have been a bit awkward.
In other yard news, we had a crew come take down the elm on Monday. I wasn't planning on being here, what with the Dutch Elm Disease looming, but ended up being sick and having to stay home. I got them to leave me a piece of it, although it's a rather large piece, and I'm not sure we'll ever be able to haul it to the back yard.
They took it out from the top down, which was pretty cool
I didn't think they'd be able to take the whole thing out, but they did
Sadly, it had started to rot in the middle. Which makes me feel a (teeny, tiny) bit better about having it cut down.
In news not related in any way at all to the yard, The Spotted Hound project is in full swing. Stop by, leave a comment or caption of your own, tell your friends and neighbors, and follow us! New pics go up every Monday (usually late Sunday night) and sometimes a bonus pic in the middle of the week. Yes, this is a shameless plug.