spinthemoon (spinthemoon) wrote,

There is a plague upon my house

Just to give you an idea of what things are like, here is a list of everything I have eaten for the last three and a half days:

4 saltine crackers
3 half-cup servings of jello
2 individual servings of applesauce
2 small bananas
2 half-cup servings of plain mashed potatoes
4 glasses of gatorade
2 slices of toast with peanut butter
1 cup chicken bouillon

Yeah. That.

It all started last week, when The Boy woke up sick in the middle of the night. But he didn't have a fever, and after the sick part he fell back asleep and was chipper as could be the next day. We chalked it up to something he ate and didn't think anything else about it.

This past weekend we went on a boy scout camp out. We arrived at the campsite mid-morning, pitched the tent, took a hike, had some lunch. The boys did some orienteering and played frisbee golf, and I just drooped around. I chalked it up to the heat and the gnats. The gnats were seriously, seriously annoying. Apparently something about the shampoo or conditioner I use is a gnatmagnet, because the gnats swarmed my head all day. I looked like I was wearing a gnat helmet.

To escape the gnats, I decided to rest in the tent. And at some point, I realized that doing anything other than resting in the test was likely to have unfortunate results for everyone. Husband arranged for The Boy to spend the night with our cousins a couple of campsites over (of course we have cousins in the same pack - my cousins are everywhere) and threw all our gear in the car. We didn't even repack anything - just struck the tent and stuffed it in the back seat.

By this point, I was already sick (and can I just say Huzzah for state parks with flush toilets). By the time we were halfway home, Husband was breaking out in a cold sweat. By the time we got home, we were both in the throws of a very nasty bug (insert another Huzzah for houses with two bathrooms).

It was a very long night. And long day Sunday. Monday wasn't exactly a picnic, either.

Middle Daughter came home from her dad's on Sunday and immediately barricaded herself in her room. Alas, it didn't work - she woke up in the middle of the night last night to share in the joy.

Of course through all of this our little Plaguemonger has been perfectly fine.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.