* Idol just wasn't the same tonight without Jason Castro. So I spent the last half hour on youtube listening to his non-idol stuff. This one is one of my faves. So is this.
* I got all organized and motivated yesterday and started preparing for our trip - I cleaned out the fridge and cleaned off the green thing (not the one I replaced with the clock; the other green thing. Yes, we had two green things. What of it?) and gathered up all The Boy's stuff and packed it and got out my bag and did some laundry. I was stoked because I thought, Cool - if I do a little bit every night, by the end of the week everything will be done. And then of course tonight I did nothing. Noth. Ing.
* I just heard a funny clanking noise outside the window, and dh informed me that they have closed off the ramp next to our driveway and are unloading some jackhammers. Dang. It's too late to take a tylenol PM, which makes me sleep through anything. So maybe I will be up all night cleaning and packing anyway.
* I didn't mention Mother's Day. I should have mentioned Mother's Day. It was a nice day. The kids spent the night with my mom Saturday while Husband and I were at the concert (which was awesome) so I went over early Sunday morning and re-did her porch planter (my traditional Mother's Day gift to her) and worked in her front flower bed a bit. We had lunch at my sister's, and afterwards hung out in the schoolyard tossing a baseball with Husband while the children ran around. And I got awesome gifts and cards and stuff, but missed a call from Oldest Daughter, which was a bummer. But overall it was a very nice day.
* I am feeling unusually parenthetical today (does it show?)