|I know I just did this
||[Dec. 9th, 2007|09:39 am]
Or something almost like this, but I'm a sucker for this sort of thing, so...The Rules.
Stolen from thecranewife
1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, your favorite kind of sandwich, or maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
1. Ever consider anywhere besides Houston?
Not really. My family is mostly all here, and I can't imagine not living close to them. I'm within walking distance of my mom and my sister, and have a cousin who lives on the same street I do. I did grow up more in "the country" and there are times when I really miss that for my children. I don't like that they have grown up as city kids.
2. Do you know how to garden?
Not unless knowing how to kill any plant within a 50-foot radius is gardening. I think I could be good at it, and I think I would like it, but I'm not organized or focused enough to do anything that requires regular attention.
3. What is your favorite museum in the city? which exhibit?
Ooo...that's a hard one. The museum we go to most often is the Natural Science Museum (we're members) and I love the Gem room. I've always loved rocks. I really really love the Fine Arts museum but can't get Husband to set foot in it. Back in the day (meaning when I was young and single) I hung out there all the time (this was so long ago all the museums were free so I could afford to go any time I wanted) Oh, and if you haven't been to the Menil you really should go.
4. Do you get sick of my bitchin' and complainin' about your hometown? (I really do like it here - really!)
Aw, not at all. I love it here, but the weather isn't exactly hospitable and the place isn't much to look at. I often wish the scenery was nicer - although you're close to where I grew up, and when I lived there it was really wild - we even had the occasional wolf.
5. What is the coolest animal that you have seen in the wild?
The wild wild? A flock of wild cockatoos. It was just cool seeing them out in the open. In the semi-wild (a park/preserve) I got to feed some kangaroos and hold a koala, and that was very cool.